We are making progress, the eclairs seem to be giving up.
I did some calculations (that math degree wasn't for nothing after all!), and realized my flour/liquid ratio is significantly lower than some of the other recipes out there. So I upped the flour content and prayed (quite literally).
I'm glad to report that the results were quite good - as you can see from the picture, the eclairs were much easier to pipe, and I avoided the boney look from last time.
They rose well and didn't deflate, but had some strange ridges around the sides. I wish I could talk to a professional about it, I have no idea what they mean!
Things to Improve
Selling my pastries at the farmers market does not make me a fault-less baker. Quite the opposite: the more recipes I attempt, the more recipes I fail at, and eventually - the more I learn.
Enjoy this record of broken sauces, wasted eggs, and record setting sugar usage.